Rear-end treatment

To: "LSR-List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear-end treatment
From: "Elon" <netstuff@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 23:13:07 -0700
Enough, already!  I know the subject title is wide-open for jokes,  butt
lets get beyond that. . .

Its obvious the start of a drag race is brutal to the drive train. However,
I'm not sure LSR is a whole different matter. Even though the LSR launch
appears to be moderate via a push-start or self-start once you hit that
impermeable wall of drag, maximum horsepower (twist) is being applied to the
drive train. So, in LSR what read-end treatment is needed?  Anything from
slapper bars, ladder bars, to a complex 4-link?  I'm not sure of the
necessity of a 4-link but since LSR is new to me any and all ideas are
encouraged.  If a production car already has coil springs and a drag link,
is just replacing the rubber bushings good enough?  At what H.P. level would
you start to eliminate (or beef up) the stock set-up?

-Elon,   (450 hp Production Car)