Re: trans heat

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trans heat
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 07:51:20 -0700 (PDT)
"Part of the pre-run procedure should be to jack the
car up and run the gears thus warming the trans and
diff, manual or auto? - don't matter."

Dan, I certainly understand the need to do this but I
have never quite understood why it is allowed. To a
newcomer like myself, the practice of jacking the car,
putting it in gear and buzzing the engine seemed very
unsafe to me. I could only imagine what would happen
if the car came off the jack! And this advise coming
from a guy who caught me trying to sneak an SFI-5
drivers suit into a car requiring SFI-15 (LOL).

John Goodman