More Wheelbase

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Wheelbase
From: "Dana" <dana@goulston.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:16:51 -0700
Hi all,

I had a chat with Wink Eller yesterday. I explained my 65" wheelbase,
Modified Frame dilemma. He said the new wheelbase rule(s) were for
Bonneville only, but wasn't clear about whether or not it affected the Lakes
(and ECTA) meets.

He then asked me if my seat was higher than the top of the rear tire
(another new rule by the way). Being a modified frame, I answered it was.

He then informed me I couldn't run A-Frame at either location.

So I said "I can't run A-frame anywhere.", and "I can't run Modified Frame
at El Mirage", but he said "I could run Modified Frame at El Mirage", but
then that he needed to verify. It seems all I can run is Modified at
Bonneville, and not sure if I can run at El Mirage at all. I'm so cornfused!

He said he was putting in a call to Tom Evans and would get back to me.

There is one other biker who is affected by this rule change. I put in a
call to him to find out his situation.

I'll update.

Dana
#789b