Re: Early vs Late Runs...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Early vs Late Runs...
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:37:29 -0700
Chris,

You didn't ask me, but I thought I would give you my experience with
jetting our motor. With the motor we ran the last three years, our best
dyno pull(basically sea level (560 ft attitude) when we first put it
together was with a 0.136 jet. The jet we ended up running the best at
Bonneville with was a 0.146. This calculates at 14% less fuel. The
problem with making absolute statements about Bonneville jetting is that
from year to year the jet needed can vary considerably (even day to
day). In my opinion, 10 to 15% leaner would be a good place to start.

I believe I remember that you lose one inch hg pressure for each 1000 or
one lb psi for each 2000 feet increase in altitude. I think the Salt is
about 4300 ft. that would be about 2.25 lbs less pressure(that also
calculates at 15% loss). The problem, as I see it is that the relative
altitude changes greatly throughout the week. I have run with 3600 and
at over 9000 ft relative altitude.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC