Re: Look what I found !!!!

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Look what I found !!!!
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 06:23:25 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, Keith:
I trust you had an enjoyable time at Maxton while the
rest of us great unwashed had to dutifully remain
behind our desk's AT WORK?! (LOL).

I am not sure where to begin explaining cylinder wall
finish. There are some basics that should be
understood but from my experience, that which would be
covered may bring a maelstrom of comments, each
supporting a different way to approach surface finish
issues. At best, I can make an empirical case for
certain aspects of surface structure. The main problem
rests with the perception that optimized surface
structure generation is a black art. Hence, the almost
infinite number of "better ways" to create them. Keith
(and list), if you can give me some direction, I will
attempt to explain what I think I know about cylinder
wall finish.

John