Update Rail LSR

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update Rail LSR
From: "Landspeed Louise Ann Noeth" <landspeedlouise@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:35:40 -0700
Just finished a nice conversation with Lt. Col. James "J.J." Jolliffe, 846th
Test Squadron commander at Holloman Air Force Base about the Hypersonic
Upgrade Program. It seems the he is also disappointed with how the story was
portrayed in the media and assured me that his group had no intention
whatsoever of trying to overshadow the efforts of speeders on wheels.

For those who missed it: A four-stage, rail-bound rocket sled reached Mach
8.5 or 6,416 mph. That equates to more than 31 football fields per second.
The sled broke the standing world land speed record of Mach 8.1 for travel
on rails, also set here in October 1982.

Jolliffe is familiar with Bonneville and knew of Andy Green's record, but I
updated him about Don Vesco's recent achievement and the state of LSR on the
salt for which he was grateful. Joliffe is forwarding me a great article
that appeared in the Denver Post -- one he says accurately reflects what his
hypersonic crowd did with the rail sled and what we do on wheels.

Overall, we have established a fine link with the military.

Now if we could just figure out how to get those media people to pay closer
attention . . . but you know how they are!
Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth
LandSpeed Productions
"Telling stories with words and pictures"

www.landspeedproductions.biz

This e-mail including any files attached is intended for the addressee only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or trade secret confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy
or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original
message. Thank you for your cooperation.