Good news for Modified Frame !!!!

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good news for Modified Frame !!!!
From: "Dana" <dana@goulston.net>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 18:08:00 -0700
Hi all,

Phew!!! Well after going round and round, and running up a humongous phone
bill (coulda' bought a new bike part), Wink Eller did some digging and found
the needle in the hay stack. I must admit, I didn't see it, but I didn't
bring my big-ole magnet either ... and these rule books could surely use
some sprucing up.

Here's the deal: p. 142 of the new rule book, sec. 12-C (quotes omitted):

El Mirage competition will be offered in the following frame
classifications:
1. 'P' Production
2. 'A' Special Construction and 'M'
3. 'APS' Special Construction and 'M' Partial Streamlined

What this means is that the Special Construction Frame bikes AND the
Modified Frame bikes both run in the 'A' class at El Mirage (and Maxton) for
'A' class records and points (similar for PS classes).

At Bonneville, they separate and run in either Special Construction or
Modified Frame classes.

Dana in Folsom where I'm going to check myself into the prison funny-farm
... back to the shop!!!!

Thanks for the help Wink and Ron!