RE: Addendum to Nikasil coated bores

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Addendum to Nikasil coated bores
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 12:15:44 -0700 (PDT)
Neil:

Most of these coatings are applied at high heat and
sometimes referred to as plasma spray. Conversations
with various suppliers of this process are quick to
point out how proprietary the application and applied
material is. As you state, it is a great wear surface
and very durable. Only one other material I like as
well an that is the family of high silica aluminum
alloys (hypereutectics).

john