Re: John Goodman

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: John Goodman
From: Nigel Shaw <lft@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 21:24:45 +1200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>

> John and Dave went down to Australia on that first trip with his lakester
as
> well... this was one of those weird Cosworth thingy's....

Boy, if I new then what I know now. I was at Lake Gaidner that year crewing
for a buddy of mine running a '64 Falcon hardtop in C/GALT. I remember being
in line at sunrise just before we ran 198.456 talking to this guy running a
Cosworth powered lakester about gear spreads in the transaxle while he was
pulling off the tape that was keeping in some of the "warmup temperature".
Seem to remember John that you had the down run in your back pocket several
times but the clocks kept going south on your return runs. Also seem to
recall being kept alive by the outback catering crew that week. Nothing like
eating "ROO" for lunch, something about "when in Rome".

Nigel.......Down in NZ ..... hanging out for August and having breakfast at
"The Red Garter". Not so much for the cuisine but for knowing where you are
at the time.