Re: what transmission should I seek? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "Bob Denton" <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: what transmission should I seek? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 05:21:52 -0500
Well Hey Bob.... here's a question even I can answer...

Everyone has different idea's on transmissions....  Some like Auto's and
some like manual's.... Obviously I'm a manual transmission kinda guy...

Having been through several of these My preference for the in-expensive one
is the T-10  which you can buy new from Jeg's or Summit in the ratio of your
choice and I doubt you will ever have an issue with it behind a flat head...
I've run as much as 775hp and not damaged it...  That's the trans I loaned
to Brett and Regan in that Blue Firebird this last weekend and they ran 180
without any issues at Maxton...

If you want the real deal.... Tex Racing ( Mike Powell ) will sell you a
rebuilt and dyno'd T 101 for around 3k and it's the one that's in the Camaro
now.... what makes it the trick set up is the gear selection... and it's
clutchless once your off the line ......  you can pick about anything
ratio's to include Overdrive ratio's in third gear... ( they simply swap
positions on the shifter dog and it shifts normally like a four speed except
it's in 3OD...in the forth position and comes with a super quality long
shifter)

Keith