Re: Studebaker Steering - -Question number 1

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Studebaker Steering - -Question number 1
From: "Bob & Bobe" <rbeefmst@brightok.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 10:51:20 -0700
I run a 53 Studebaker frame and all steering components, to include bell
crank ( modified).  Thus far my fastest timing slip is 207 mph at
Bonneville.  I hope to go faster next year and plan on running the same
front end. An outfit in Knoxville, Tenn. is now making a more modern type
setup with tubular upper and lower A frames, GM or Ford spindles with disk
brakes and rack and pinion steering.  Looks like it would be a good way to
go, a bit priciest $1500.  If you are interested in knowing more about
modifying your Stude front end contact me at rbeefmst@brightok.net.  Home
phone 918-866-2259.
I have some pictures of the modifying that I did and would be glad to share.
I you're interested in the tubular, rack & pinion setup that I mentioned
contact Phanton Auto Works, 1-865-525-6025.

Bob Ragsdale