Re: to buy or not to buy??????

To: Land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: to buy or not to buy??????
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 11:20:36 -0700 (PDT)
Jack, I would have to agree with you on the aluminum
rod issue. So long as you keep them under compression,
they are as reliable as steel. The only time I had
problems with aluminum rods is when I decelerated the
engine (as in road racing application). Aluminum rods
are not that happy on decel. Kind of like stretching
taffy with the accompanying snap.

John