Re: Tires ( yet again )

To: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: Tires ( yet again )
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:53:34 -0700
I am sure that there are machines still in use, however, I don't know
for certain where. Buffing is really a better process than using a
cutter. Al Teague used to get his done in the LA area. They looked very
good. Several years ago I bought 4 surplus Indy 18" tires and proceeded
to take them to a local shop to have the tires shaved. They ruined the
first tire for me, so we gave up. I had my front tires cut here by
another shop which did OK. The M&H's have a bit more rubber to work with
than the Indys did.

You might check with Al, his tires were the Indy 18" tire and they
looked very good after the process, and I might add went very fast.

Tom, Redding Ca - #216 D/GCC