RE: The email attachment photo.zlq is infected with the

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: The email attachment photo.zlq is infected with the
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:08:21 -0400
At 09:43 AM 6/12/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Something IS screwey - vetteracing.com belongs to me.
>Ed (Norton says I'm virus free)
>>
>>Bryan;
>>
>>I received that mysterious e-mail, too. Our TI firewall
>blocked the attachment and warned that it contained a virus.
>>
>>This e-mail was NOT sent by me! I suspect that someone is
>hacking some e-mail and inserting his little virus. Notice that the
>sender's address is "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@vetteracing.com>    this is
>not my e-mail >address. Actually, the text is from a very old e-mail that I
>did send, so someone (hacker) has gotten into the LSR list somehow.
>>>Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ

FWIW:
 the latest series of virus out there, makes up its own return
address's, using address that it finds in the infected computers
address book.  it also can change the payload file name or type.

Best defense is to get a good virus protection program for
your computer and keep it updated often,  if your virus
profiles are over a week old,  you are at risk.
virus can be kept in check, but its an on going fight...
currently there are over 64,800 virus or variants looking
to get into your business...and more coming out each day..

While I was working, we checked for virus strings for our servers
3 times a day... and loaded them anytime there was a change...

                            John