Re: Re: Weight and Balance stuff again

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Weight and Balance stuff again
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:39:21 -0500
I have always wanted 51% on the nose and 49 on the rear.... and damnest
thing was I actually accomplished it... even have it even side to side with
the ballast.  At Maxton it's a bit nose heavy.... ( just not at critical
there with the traction )

Currently as the Modified sports is sitting there it weights in at 2250 dry
and without 300 more pounds of pure stuff..... ( I don't know what stuff but
Stuff... come on.... you ever Not seen Dave come up with less Stuff? )

The weight bias is radically aft right now... but my motor is light by 500
pounds or so without his iron block, intercoolers, turbo's and stuff...
sticking into the front area.... and that boy had Stuff... so the car is
around 70% on the rear wheels right now.... that of course will change
before it runs... and like John.... I'm going to fight for 50/50 or the
51/49 I had with the Camaro.

I'm not as fancy as John.... keep the weight LOW and keep it neutral on the
CG...

Keith