Weight and Balance stuff again

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weight and Balance stuff again
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:42:24 -0500
Well it's time to scale another car and I'm going to stick the Camaro on the
scales just for giggles... should be fun to see how close I keep it over the
last 4 yrs..

I haven't looked at the Achieves but I'm pretty sure there is a LONG thread
about this subject...  What I'm doing is simply duplicating what I used to do
with an Aircraft's weight and balance form....

Set up a line say 50"s in front of the car and take accurate measurements to
the wheels and then add the weight in....at the exact inch location aft of the
line... then with the weight and the distance I can find the Moment of the
wheel.( by multiplying it )... each of these added together and then divided
gives me a number of inches aft of the line on the floor that will be the
Center of Gravity.... nothing fancy... I just want to make sure I've got a bit
more on the front tires then the back...

Thought I'd share how I was doing it

Keith ( off to borrow my buddies Scales )( hey this is twice this year I've
used that Pilot stuff.... whew hoooo ain't life grand )