Center of Pressure

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Center of Pressure
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:41:01 -0400 (EDT)
My understanding of CP is an imaginary pivot point(like that of a
weather vane) under a vehicle body such that the air pressure on the
front half equals the air pressure on the rear half.  I guess we are
thinking of the side-view air pressures here, not downforce or upforce,
but the side forces that affect stability at speed.

1. Will not this CP vary somewhat according to the air speed, due to
eddies, turbulence, etc.?

2. How can you accurately establish this CP for a given body without a
wind tunnel model?

Bill