O2 sensor

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: O2 sensor
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:41:05 -0500
Well Dave's been kind enough over the last few years to provide me with the
ability to read A/F ratio's on the salt.... to do this you have to run an
Oxygen sensor and data log it.... in theory with this information you can then
adjust your carburetor to get things right.... ( seriously Dave's carried this
little box with him on the plane and we've stuck it on the car out there ...
)

This year we'd decided to go ahead and install one permentantly in the car....
so Dave's set up a Motec PLM for me.... (Professional Lamda Meter.)

it's got some cute dash thing that reads out and it also sends a signal to the
Quick Data for storage information....  they aren't cheap but they aren't Near
as much as an engine down the road.....   I don't want to quote one of these
for him.... but as near as I can tell this is the Real deal in tuning....The
Egt's have been pretty good for a base line.... but this should give us the
ability to pin point the exact fuel/air ratio...

The Rodeck came off the dyno with just over 600 hp and a tune up that's more
of an endurance type engine.... maybe this year without the Nitrous we can
actually bring him something back to the pits.... to actually tune on....

Keith