Record Question...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Record Question...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:28:55 -0700
Was surfing through the current rule book and found something that is odd to
me. The Fuel Modified Sports class was instituted in 2002. Yet I see that a
car that ran in 1998 set a record in 1998 using a B motor and that has some
how translated to a D sized record in 2003 record listings. Are records
retroactive? I understand that the use of Nitrous advance the engine size
but I don't understand how the record can be retroactive. Does that mean
that records from yesteryears may all qualify for different engine or maybe
even classes today? This does nnot sound right kemo sabe! It seems to me
that what ever the rule was at the time of running is where it ought to
stay. History should not be rewritten.

mayf, the ever curious...