Re: O2 sensor/ Keith's deal...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: O2 sensor/ Keith's deal...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:48:52 -0500
Simply don't need it Joe.... here's the deal  ....

the Camaro can run in a bunch of class's... but the two records I was most
focused on were the 219 Gas Altered record and the Fuel altered record of
230...  The motor makes enough HP to run about 221... depending on exactly
how you sort out the numbers.... Dave liked 216 and I liked 225 so we met in
the middle and decided the Gas record was Just to close...  so then we have
the option of running the Nitrous... and yes Dave's got the nitrous all
sorted out... but there is still a risk of damage to components...

With the Modified Sports.... which is just about 1/2 the size of the Camaro
the record is 222 on Gas......  and the numbers look just a tick better...
like in the 250 range with the Hp available...

I didn't have to be a rocket scientist to make this call.... and this really
is where my heart is.... I'm totally in love with this car so far... it's
just an exceptionally well built piece... with our hardware and some love
and care... this is just a MUCH better deal....

The Camaro isn't retiring just yet.... Tonya's still in the points chase on
the East Coast so we're running it until the end of the year here... oh and
she's getting some nitrous next weekend....... so I guess there are two cars
to work on for now.... whew....