Roll Cage

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>,
Subject: Roll Cage
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 06:43:39 -0700 (PDT)
I'm getting ready to start work on my "new" 1953 Studebaker.  The roll cage
illustration in the rule book seems to favor a full width cage design which
encompasses the passenger side of the car too.  What about the style similar to
what is found in many roadsters where there are two hoops one right in front of
and one right over the driver's head, with two loops down the back connecting
to a horizontal hoop around the shoulder area.  All braced with appropriate
forward and rearward legs, of course?  It seems like this type of cage gives
more complete coverage and better protection for the driver than the typical
full front seat arrangement.
Comments?
Dick J in East Texas