Next Phase of Painting the Wannabie...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Next Phase of Painting the Wannabie...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:22:12 -0700
Well, I have smeared as much primer on the car as I am going to smear. Now,
because I am such a wonederfu painter, I want to do some (maybe a lot) of
finish sanding on the primer. What do I need? Wet or Dry? Grit? Lightl or
heavy pressure, circular or with the panel strokes? When this is done, maybe
next week I will apply the color coat. then another. Do I sand in between
the color coats? Do I need to do anthing special in prep for the color coat.
Remember, this is a pig I am putting lipstick on, not a real car that
anybody is gonna give a hoot about.

Also, I still need an answer to the trunk interior color question:  what's
cool? I have the battery back there, an aluminum water tank, miscellaneous
wiring, some blue hose and connectors. Contrast to the red color on the
exterior? White (can you see salt on white)?  Blue? Mottled trunk paint?

Same q's for what remain of the engine compartment.

Now, a another question (blushing over the bad paint work - hey it ain't
mathematical) I would up with a million little dustbunnies from the paint
overspray drying before it hit anything. I just wipe them off and sand? How
do I pevent them while putting the color coat on?

mayf, standing by for the real way to paint..