Re: C4 automatic question

To: popms@thegrid.net
Subject: Re: C4 automatic question
From: "Phillip Landry" <saltracer@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:25:13 -0500
Hi Doug ,
Made some real progress today, when I started the car the other day the
intermediate servo only had two bolts holding it on as the blow out shield
was off the car and two screws also hold this on. Well,,
when I started the car up on stands and put it in reverse it broke the
intermidiate servo housing in half. I replaced this with anoter unit with
new seals, but when I installed it I had the tangs on the piston shaft
facing the wrong way and put the intermidiate band in a bind. OK,,, once I
removed the valve body and fixed this and replacecd the leaky seal around
the shifter I put everything back and still had quite a problem rolling the
tires in reverse. Forward was now fine. Anyway I rocked it back and forth
and finally the tires would move some in reverse, so I started the motor and
ran it in forward and  reverse. It seems to have broke loose and now rolls
pretty much like before.  We are trying to get most of these problems out of
the way before we put the blower on later this week. Thanks so much for the
suggestions. Phil