Re: Fwd: Sad news -----Briggs S. Cunningham

To: Land-speed list <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Sad news -----Briggs S. Cunningham
From: "R.J. Denton" <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 14:17:15 -0500
I met Briggs on a couple of occasions but most note worthy was when
lived in
Paris in the early sixties. I went to Le Mans and Imanaged to talk my
way into
the Briggs Cunningham pit area. Early on they suffered engine
overheating in
the hot afternoon of the first hours. Cunningham asked me if I knew my
way
around the area well enough to find some dry ice. I said I thouht it was
worth
a try. I managed to find some, but not enough. He was very appreciative.
I met
him again 20+ years later in Palm Beach, Florida at a concours, if I'm
not
mistaken.

Yeah, we'll miss him. They don't make 'em like that any more. He was
unique

Bob Denton