Cool website!

To: <land-speed-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cool website!
From: "chrispile" <chrispile@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 18:27:48 -0500
    List -

    While researching on Google for some Panamericana info I ran across this
website that chronicled the career of Mickey Thompson. There are links to
pages from his drag racing days, his various Bonneville ventures, his offroad
foray, drag boats - even his disastrous Indy experience.

    There are lots of great old photos of the Pumpkin Seed (when Griffith
Borgeson drove), Mickey at Great Bend, the Ford and Pontiac Economy Runs and
International Record Runs, Attempt I, Challenger, the monocoque funny car -
all his stuff! I love the photos of the cars during servicing, you can spot
all the details of the construction.

    Anyway, it's a neat trip back in the history of a racing genius. Check it
out if you like ----  http://www.thompson-motorsports.com/mt.html

    Chris Pile aka aircap