Plugged Fire Extinguishers and other lines and openings

To: Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Plugged Fire Extinguishers and other lines and openings
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:26:54 -0700 (PDT)
Rich mentioned blowing out his fire lines.

Here in East Texas, we are blessed with what has to be the world's biggest mud
dabber wasp population.  They are annoying and lazy little muthers.  If they
can find a suitable orfice, (open fuel linet, threaded bell housing hole, open
vacuum line, air hose, impact wrench, fire extinguisher nozzle, electrical plug
opening, etc) they will build their nest and lay an egg. Those little nests are
as solid as concrete, and it takes way in excess of 100 lbs of air pressure to
dislodge them.  Usually, a half hour spent working with a small punch, brake
solvent, and compressed air is what it takes.

So far, in my shop and car, they have filled up at least one of every example
I've given.  I absolutely do check my fire extiguisher nozzles regularly, and
have recently taken to putting a small piece of masking tape over any opening
that I don't want cemented over.

Dick J In East Texas