Re: Plugged Fire Extinguishers and other lines and openings

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>,
Subject: Re: Plugged Fire Extinguishers and other lines and openings
From: Chris R Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:23:52 +1200
Dick,

We've got very similar little suckers down this end of the woods also. They're
called mason bees and yep I've been caught out by their nesting actions more
than once.

Our roadster goes in the shipping container next Wed, Long Beach bound.
See you all soon.

Chris Harris...........................NZed.

  Rich mentioned blowing out his fire lines.

  Here in East Texas, we are blessed with what has to be the world's biggest
mud dabber wasp population.  They are annoying and lazy little muthers.  If
they can find a suitable orfice, (open fuel linet, threaded bell housing hole,
open vacuum line, air hose, impact wrench, fire extinguisher nozzle,
electrical plug opening, etc) they will build their nest and lay an egg. Those
little nests are as solid as concrete, and it takes way in excess of 100 lbs
of air pressure to dislodge them.  Usually, a half hour spent working with a
small punch, brake solvent, and compressed air is what it takes.

  So far, in my shop and car, they have filled up at least one of every
example I've given.  I absolutely do check my fire extiguisher nozzles
regularly, and have recently taken to putting a small piece of masking tape
over any opening that I don't want cemented over.

  Dick J In East Texas