SCTA Question? Engine Swap Definition for Production Class

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: SCTA Question? Engine Swap Definition for Production Class
From: john@theromeros.org
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:45:04 -0700
Does an engine still qualify as a "production engine" if it was commonly sold
as standard in the same body style but only in a different country? (i.e. not
the US).

I am looking to run a production coupe that is commonly available in the US
with a junk motor but with an engine that was offered as standard equipment in
the same body in Japan, not the US. Our engine was a PIG but the one put in
the same car for the Japanese domestic market was great.

Anybody have any info on this?

btw, Hello everybody, I'm new!

John