Production Cars (non USA)

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Production Cars (non USA)
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:15:45 -0400
John

Welcome to the list.

Keith Turk will offer a formal welcome when he returns to the list.  He's
the man who thought this group up and is the butt of many jokes - including
wearing a purple fire suit.  He's a friend to racers worldwide and here in
the UK.  He gets back on Tuesday.  His car the So-Al Camaro burst into
flames on him last week so if its sustained  too much damage he will revert
to a British bodied car - a Berkely for racing on this year.  You have to
like a guy who is inspired by Brit Donald Healey (FIA record holder on
Bonneville) and owns a Healey roadcar and could not resist a Brit shaped
car into which he is inserting a US V8.

I am sure that the SCTA would allow a production car from outside the
states - even one from England. where we run to rules set down by the FIA !

The list members in the racing associations will let you know of any
interpretation matters but I hope they will look beyond the 50 states to
other producers of motor cars.

Enjoy the chat this group creates.  The archive will bring you up to speed,
so to speak, on my contributions and those of others from 'overseas'
countries.

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.