Re: E sports car motors & tire needed

To: Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: E sports car motors & tire needed
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:38:00 -0400
Most but not all of the big, well big for import cars V-6 and V-8's that I have
seen while racy looking are really a little down on power for their size and
seem to be purpose built in that they are made for maybe 280hp. Well they have
rods and a block good for maybe 330 and heads that can not be ported for much
more either.. The Japanese are very good at designing something for a particular
job and no more, so they same money in materials.. You can easily double the
power of most USA engines and never have a worry but some of the import stuff
that is not true at all. On the other hand some of the bike stuff you might be
hard pressed to find more than 10% more power no matter what you spend.
Interesting thought though if you put a Honda outboard engine in a Honda car is
it a swap in GT??
dave