Ballast yet again

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ballast yet again
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 06:26:22 -0500
    Had an interesting Chat with Ron Benham last night on the subject of
weight and scaling a car...  His thoughts were to run 65% of the weight in the
back of the car.... and looks to me like he accomplished that.... whew...
These aren't my thoughts just his.... so rather then subtract the all the
ballast from the rear I'm just going to take a bit of it out and move it to
the front and then add some more to the front to get as close to 51 on the
nose as I can get...

I just thought I would share his point of view.... it was radically different
from my experience and the suggestions from the list...

Keith