Re: records

To: "Landspeed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: records
From: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:19:42 -0700
I as a competitor, record holder, inspector, and car engine certifier would
NOT be in favor of listing this type of info....Eventho our
competitors/share information freely (most of the time) what is in my log
book and on the recorded "cert sheet" is to me priviledged information.  I
as a certifier would never divulge what I have seen or measured. To me that
info is, as Dan says, to meet the criteria of the cubic inch limits (high
and low). How that person does it should remain their private info for them
to share not the sanctioning body. Roush doesn't tell Childress what's in
his engines. They both pump 358".   You figure out how to do it with your
own knowledge and your builders. If this was to happen, the next thing would
be valve size, cam lift, venturi size,boost, blower/turbo size etc.

Just my opinion. . .  J.D.