What Did I do Today?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: What Did I do Today?
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:48:59 -0700
Well, hit yor delete now iffn you don't want to hear about the World's
Fastest Sunbeam (wannabie). I have been struggling with mounting the Mass
Airflow Sensor(s) and finally got it figured out this weekend. I have a
scheme in mind for making 2 meters work and I needed them to keep the turbo
piping and flow balanced. So I now have a mount fabbed up, mostly. HAd to
order 2 each 90 degree bends 2.5 inches od for turbo connections on the suck
side of the compressor. When those get here I'll be able to finish that part
of the plumbing. Also began to finalize the turbo output to the throttle
body bonnet. Some ugh, aludimum welding to be done there. Also had installed
a dummy motor, tranny, some old heads and valve covers along with my EFI
manifold to make a motor look alike. So I could finish the wiring chores,
etc. Started the wiring installations late this afternoon: installed the
instrument panel, all the wires that run into the trunk (through
feedthoughs), starter cable, rear valance cutoff switch. Just one terminal
to make on the hot wire to the instruemnt panel. Computer wiring harness is
inplace through the firewall,  now just have to route everything back around
to where it is supposed to go. Will Plug all the wires together tomorrow,
especialy the power wires, use a 9 volt batt and see it it all works. Front
and rear suspension is all in and fully tight. Seat is in. Am going to
relocate the tranny cooler and put the fuel pump in that location instead.
Found an old truck cooler that might work out ok. Also need to install the
Moroso Crank case evac nozzles in the turbo down pipes. And do that hose
plumbing.

If I just had a motor and tranny.....and fuel pump......and seat
belts......and 10 lb fire bottle......and   and  and

mayf, been out in the sun to long today, 106+ in the shade again..