Thrashing and reading

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thrashing and reading
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:09:56 -0400
Nancy and I moseyed from way up north to Charlotte, NC, and back over the
weekend, to pick up my bike.  The ZX12R is finally back in Marquette - at
least for a day or two.  The motor is as done as it's gonna get for now, so
now the bike gets to go to the bodyshop to have the Charlie Toy bodywork
painted and spiffed a little so it doesn't look like a refugee from the
fiberglass shop.  I've got a couple of other little things to do (it's still
corroded from last year's doses of salt and El Mirage dust, for instance,
and I've got a couple of last-minute ideas for the running gear) before we
leave for the West Wendover KoA on Saturday, 9 August.  Yeah, it's a long
trip.

That brings me to the other half of the subject:  reading.  We listen to
talking books (on disc) as we ride.  I know that some of you folks do, too.
I think we're going to have an exchange raqck/box at our pit -- bring in
your old discs or tapes and exchange for other ones.  I mean, how many times
do you want to listen to that murder mystery, or to Walter Cronkite's
memoirs?  Once is enough for us...  Bring in a tape, take out a different
one.  Drop off a disc or two, take a disc or two.  You know the routine.
Honor system only -- I don't want to have to sit there and mark off who took
what - I'd rather be racing, or announcing with Ron Christensen, or whatever
else keeps us busy.  Nancy would rather be sunning herself, assuming that
it's not cloudy (HAH!).  If any of you think you're going to be interested
in exchanging reading/listening material please let me know -- maybe it's a
null idea and we shouldn't bother at all.

Oh, yeah -- send some good thoughts towards Thomas Cronan, the young lad
that campaigns #2201 bike at Maxton.  He's the kid who crashed his ATV the
other day.  He's the guy that rode Nancy's bike to his first 100+ mph record
at Maxton at the June event.  And he's the fella that we were going to help
see the Salt for the first time this year (in exchange for his slave labor
in our pit!).  Maybe next year, Thomas.  We wish him well soon.

     Jon and Nancy Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
#436   Marquette, Michigan   #1478
      (that's way up North)