FW: About Thomas - thought ya might wanna know...

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: About Thomas - thought ya might wanna know...
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:11:07 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: dahmurf [mailto:dahmurf@dahmurf.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 1:45 PM
To: Jon Wennerberg
Subject: About Thomas - thought ya might wanna know...

First report 10pm est 7/22:
Thomas had a four wheeler accident...according to Darrin the cheekbone is
fractured, sinus cavities crushed, seems that there are several facial
fractures, and he's been throwing up blood...hopefully due to the sinus
drainage. Keep our little brother in your thoughts and prayers!  He's being
transported to Park Ridge Hospital in Fletcher, NC so that the neurologist
can have a better look at the damage.

Follow up report 3am est 7/23:
seems he was racing another boy down a driveway and when they topped a
hill a couple was walking up the other side,they swreved left and
Thomas run off hitting his front brakes causeing the 4 wheeler to flip
several times..he didnt lose concisness,but was dazed acording to the
folks there.the ambulance had just got there when i showed up.one look
and i knew he had broke the cheek bone on the right side.rode in the
unit with him(the boy is a true biker...first question was how was the
4 wheeler)

damage report...fractures to the cheek bone and sinus cavity underneth.
will find out tommarrow if it will require surgury to repair.
4 inch cut to his scalp.several bruises....right eye looks like joe
fraizer worked him over.the vommiting blood is from the sinus fracture
and has all but stopped.he is mostly sleeping but seems aware when he
wakes...
they have kept him at St Lukes Hosp for the night and will release him
to go to the dr office in the morning for futher exam.

as for a helmet it would have helpped with the cut...and the face
would have still taken the hit(we believe it was the handle bars)if
they had slid on the lid and stopped at his neck...well i'm afraid
this would be alot worse...ya never know....not using common sense is
the main cause
(i never did anything foolish as a teen......)

as for our internet family...THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS!!!!!
but most of all i thank God for my Sons lack of life threatening
injuries...

we will keep you posted
Darrin

We're still waiting on reports from today's Dr visit. I'll forward it on if
you'd like.
Deb