Gas Class procedures

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas Class procedures
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 06:51:54 -0700
I assume things have changed since the last time I ran in a gas class (1968)
when
Terrible Herbst (or was it Bee Line) provided it free of charge. In those
days you showed up for two way record runs in the morning with an empty
tank, had it filled and sealed. What is the usual drill now with the
qualifying run being the first leg of the record. I already have 16 gallons
of ERC 110 and I would like to use it.
************************************
Jim,

Finally one I can answer!

No free gas any longer. We will have Rick Gold & ERC again this year after a
last minute rush for insurance coverage proved successful.

Procedures are thus:

Before your first qualifying run go to the gas truck with an empty tank and
get filled with the blend of your choice. The ERC rep will seal the tank and
you can proceed to the staging lines. Following a successful qualifying run go
directly to the impound area,1 hour maximum time limit from the time stamp on
the timing slip. The tank seal will be inspected during the certification
procedure. If you need to inspect the gas level or add more gas the impound
official will reseal the tank. Gas added must be from a sealed container that
was presented to ERC and sealed by them.

After the second run and a record, return to the impound(still 1 hour time
limit) and the tank seal will be inspected again.

You may use your own gas for any runs except a successful qualifying one. If
the tank is not sealed don't bother coming to impound. I get at least two a
year that I must send back to the pits because the tank was not sealed.

Dan Warner