RE: Fuel Tank rust Question

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel Tank rust Question
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:29:05 -0400
Neil,

Oops.  I had always heard slosh, but I'm happy with slush as well!  I know
there are some warnings about methanol.  I do not know if MTBE is in race gas.
(Someone on the list will surely know.)  There was a specific warning about
not using gasoline with MTBE in the fiberglass slush/slosh treated tanks
on the Kitfox kit plane my brother built - warning was that MTBE broke
down the coating and allowed the gasoline to attack the fiberglass.

Thanks,
Jim W.