Re: Bump Steer

To: Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>, James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Bump Steer
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 13:28:21 -0700 (PDT)
> If your planning on going fast, put a old Ford straight axle in it and be
> happy for the rest of your time at B'ville ... ... Or a later Ford straight
>axle. I have an Econoline in the Vega and like it
alot. Better brakes.   Rich Fox

Exactly what I'm thinking.  I'm going to set that monster elephant down on the
frame rails and see how far down the car goes.  If I don't like what I see, I
think I"ll find a good straight axle and swap it over.  That Stude steering box
is sideways a lot like what beam axles use anyway.  It ought to be an easy swap.
Dick J in East Texas
BTW, I just finished painting the ol' East Texas camaro to get it ready for
WOS.  I didn't want to wash out against the salt background, so I went with the
brightest orange I could find.  I mean - - you can't miss this car!