Tom's reply to Racing costs.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tom's reply to Racing costs.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:15:23 -0500
    Tom yet again you prove why your one of my hero's...That was a Very
graciously written reply... and should be an example of exactly how we as men
chose to disagree on subjects.

Obviously I don't agree on this one thou I've held my opinion to
myself...Simply because I like electronic's and I know our cars are
collectively better as a result... I can't see myself turning down an
opportunity to be safer then I am currently as a result of technology...

Skip's reply really didn't answer the basic question, it was a simple shut up
and drive.... well I consider myself a fair driver....( I won't even begin to
discusss your Skills Tom... I know your years have taught you things I can't
even begin to compare to )   It's just not fair to say Earl Wooden isn't a
driver either... and I've got a set of his LSR Goodyears in my shop right
now... they are labled with 3 passes in the 290 range... and yep they are the
reason his car is in a ball.... ( Earl's own admission )   The most
significant thing I can see on them is that they have actually rolled the
tread back being so hot from wheel spin...  along with many many little cuts
( they weren't good enough for me to try and run 240 on )

I know we can say .... " well geez maybe it was time for some aero mod's or
something like foot control "  But being a betting Man.... my money would be
on Earl to take traction control to heart after that little tumble down the
salt.

Dave's opinon is just that... but like yours it's well seasoned with
experience... has nothing to do with driving a car and he claims just that...
the ability to tune a race car... and when I leave him pistons he does that
rather admirably...  Without his help and assistence I'd be hanging out with a
rather average collection of junk trying to go fast with what I had.... with
his assistence I get to spend more money buying quality parts and less wasting
it on stuff that's just interesting...  ( Grib's parts are exceptional
quality... so please don't misunderstand that statement, I wasn't refering to
him )

So once again thank you Tom... for your curtious reply.... I hope all things
of this nature can be handled with the same aplome... ( or however that Grace
thing is spelled )

Keith ( why yes I'm still hoping to fairly fast on a sunny day )