Enough of this

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Enough of this
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:20:07 -0400
Nancy and I plan to leave here Saturday morning after we pick up a load of
Seldom Seen Slim t-shirts Friday afternoon.    We ought to be at Land's End
Wednesday afternoon -- hoping they'll let us onto the Salt then so we can
volunteer and get a good pit spot -- hoping for beach-front location!

We'll be in Wendover and at the Salt all day Thursday, marking lines or
whatever, and setting up the pit.  We'll be first or second or fourteenth in
line for tech on Friday, and dammit, I hope to be able to make at least one
run on Saturday.

We're paid up and looking forward to having 'way more fun than we ever had
hoped to have just a couple of years ago we started this stuff -- Nancy will
get her "B" license, maybe her ("A") for up to 250 if the bike is running
dandy.  I'm helping Thomas Cronan, from the ECTA, spend some time at the
Salt -- I think it'll be the coolest damn thing for him to show up at the
Motorcycle Mechanic School in Florida a year from now, after he finishes
high school, and be able to say "I was the crew chief for a 2 Club bike at
Bonneville in 2003" -- we'll help him and want each and every one of you
"old time racers" to sign his record book/log book/autopgraph book to help
him prove that he's no longer a "Salt Flats" virgin.  This is what it's all
about, right? -- helping new fellas get into racing.

I betcha he'll race for as long as you will, maybe even longer!

Deep enough for now, but I remind you that Nancy and I will be around this
next week to have you fill out your racer's information sheets for the radio
1610 broadcasts and also so we can interview you for individual interviews
on the radio.  Come on, don't be shy -- nobody but racers will hear you, and
they're just as tongue-tied as you are, and they want to hear your bragging,
too!  This is a small group -- we can get away with bragging and no one will
give you S**t 'cause they've got the same stuff to say that you do -- and...

NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY, EACH PERSON THAT HEARS YOU WILL ENVY YOU 'CAUSE
THEY'VE GOT YOU AS THEIR IDEAL!!!!  Please think of at least one minute's
stuff to say when we show up -- Nancy in easy to recognise in her salt flats
outfit, I'm the guy that looks just like Seldom Seen Slim.

     Jon and Nancy Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
#436   Marquette, Michigan   #1478
      (that's way up North)