Re: Status of the Meet

To: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Subject: Re: Status of the Meet
From: Tom Shannon <saltfevr@xmission.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:15:33 -0600
Quoting "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>:

> Anyone know if they are still racing at Bonneville?
>
> I saw pictures on Landracing.com of all the porta-potties blown over -
> could be a limiting factor.
>
> More importantly - water on the salt?
>
>Jim;

The 55th Annual Speedweek is in the books,and we beat the storm front this
morning. Fri Aug 22 record return runs began around 7:15A and ended by
8:30AM. With a 3rd lady now in the 300mph club! Joe Law(Grumpy Old Men)
lakester (don't recall her name)went 325 out the back door this
morning,last run and top speed of meet. Also very fitting tribute to Bob
Higbee during the opening ceremonies. When longtime friend and SCTA
starter Bill Taylor,was the first recipient to have his name placed on the
perpetual Bob Higbee award. The course Jim survived 40+ mph winds Thurs
nite and a driving rain.
Tom Shannon
Magna,UT