NON LSR Speedweek

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: NON LSR Speedweek
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 7:21:24 -0500
On Thursday we were pooped after working on Russ's 650 class PP in the Sun with
no shade in impound after a 160 qualifer so we went back to the room for a
NAP----missed the first storm thursday afternoon

On friday am we were the third  to run the salt was so wet that he left a huge
spray and salt dust trail behind him--looked like a 230 mph roadster pass--
backed it up  with a 159 for a 3mph record bump on an 11 yr old record that had
been barely bumped two days earlier--there were 3 bikes in class all three were
in impound during the week--we used all the time available Wed to do any thing
that we thought would help--sorry to miss the 2 club banquet---but we wanted
that record..

being rookies we took a lot of time to get through tear down---- we got caught
in the downpour loading up and drove off the salt in 1-2"of water-----but we
missed the storm that blew over several trucks and trailers west of SLC---drove
throug storms all evening--But we were higher than a KITE
 R. T. Mack B'ville Recordholder 650 PP

Again thanks to all the vols. that make this possible..wmts

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211