comments;

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: comments;
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 06:27:30 -0600
Glen has been strangely quiet since Speed Week ended.  I am assuming that it
is because Keith had not arrived home as yet and thus, without a target, his
barbs would have been wasted.

However, I do want Keith to remember a few things;

1.  The fast time of the meet was set in a car from West Virginia, driven by
a young lady who had never been on the salt before.  I have it on good
authority that their quest for speed was not actually completed because she
was just working up in top speed to her comfort zone.  An impressive
performance to say the least.  She does ride motorcycles and is known as a
good engineer who makes good decisions.
2.  Tonya has not driven the Berk as yet.  With a different "spacer" between
the seat and the wheel, as Dahlgren puts it, who knows how fast the car will
go?  Keith has that twinkle in his eye that says he isn't finished.  How
long before she beats  your speed?
3.  After sleeping in the 2Club paraphernalia Keith, it's best to turn it
inside out in the washing machine to preserve the legibility of the printing
for a longer time.
4.  Contrary to Glen's comment from the timing palace, I know the hatband on
those red hats is not elastic and the hat will eventually get loose.  When
that happens there is an adjustable tab in the back of the hat to allow it
to stay on your head in a brisk Alabama breeze.  I don't have an answer for
what to do when you are sleeping in the hat.
5.  I also know of no solution for the hug, happy grin ... but be sure to
have a windshield in front of you to keep the bugs off your teeth until your
smile isn't so broad.

My sympathies to the last of the racers and SCTA/BNI crew who picked up
their belongings and wire in the damp.  That extended clean up process isn't
fun but is very necessary.  Hope you get enough of the salt off to avoid the
salt gremlins that can come at an inconvenient later time.

Thanks again to the Amo boys for a very successful Salt Talks.  It was fun!

Wes