part2

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: part2
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:39:01 -0500
    Dave Dahlgren .... well you all know the deal... and what Dave's added to
the effort... what you might not have straight is that This is Dave's hobby...
it's not part of what he does professionally which is tune cars and build
exceptional quality electronic packages for the well healed...   He's been
accused of being paid to do this and that simply isn't the case.... he does it
out of the shear joy of accomplishing something that no man has done in the
past... a Record in a particular class...  I'm the third guy he's helped into
the Bonneville Two Club... and without a doubt his biggest challenge of
all.... ( Like I said at the banquet... he's taken a Hick from Nowhere Alabama
and turned me into a Hick from Nowhere Alabama.... with a Very fast race car
)
Ted Wenz.... Like Dave... Ted comes out to Bonneville for the shear joy of
competing... and when my motors been at Marcovicci and Wenz Engineering Ted's
given it some personal attention that has helped to create one of the best if
not the best D motors on the salt... ( don't believe everything you read about
Dyno numbers... Ted's VERY stingy on giving hp figures )  When you consider
all the effort that goes into a car.... it's GREAT to have a motor of this
quality and without Ted.... this might not have ever happened.... ( he's been
equally as stingy building my bill there as well.... Thank you Ted )

    Tonya... well what can I say... several times during the actual setting of
the record Tonya did a wonderful job of bringing me back into focus as a
driver... keeping things calm and collected... making sure the little things
just happened.... not bad for a first timer on the salt... ( and she's got a
cute butt to look at as a bonus )

Continued on the next e-mail....