part3

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: part3
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:40:37 -0500
There are a million more folks to thank... obviously all the volunteers like
Glen and Dan who make this happen.... but I want to get to my personal
feelings..and I'm doing this both out of graduated and just to share what it
really felt like in my heart... maybe to give someone out there the desire to
accomplish their goals instead of talking about it forever and never even
getting started...

The Bonneville Two Club.... hmmm wow... okay it's like on this pedestal...
held out there like a beautiful woman... pretty to look at... but a real pain
in the ass to get home...  Every year I've left here with enough... just
enough.... but enough... to maybe set a record.... Dave of course has been
trying to get me to understand which side of the decimal point I need to focus
.... to leave here with MORE then enough...and to Plan on it... not hope for
it...

Anyway.... so We got that first pass in and there's no way in hell I can sleep
... ain't going to happen... if you thought I was hyper before you should have
had to live with me that night.... I went through it all in my mind... over
and over again... we got to Impound and when the motor fired of course it
didn't sound quite right... it was fine... BUT I was hearing everything...