Big Red Truck back home 2 of 2

To: Land-Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Big Red Truck back home 2 of 2
From: Jim Webb <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:47:53 -0500
continued...

Sunday was an especially hard day for me. I learned that at about 7:30 that
morning, my father had passed away. It was not completely unexpected, but
still a shock. Dad's brother was with us again this year on the salt so he
and I were able to share our grief. The support from fellow racers including
Sparky and Skip was very strong and very much appreciated. You know, when
you share joy, you make more; when you share sorrow there becomes less. I
couldn't have been among a more supportive group. My family called to make
sure that we'd stay as long as we could at SpeedWeek.

Unfortunately, we discovered that the dry sump pump would no longer make oil
pressure and when turning the motor by hand, we were pretty sure a piston
was hitting the head. So rather than scatter the motor on one last pass, we
decided to pack up and go home. I know this was hard on everyone on the
team, as we all wanted to meet more folks, watch more runs, and learn. To
that end, it was great to meet new faces at Salt Talks - thanks to the Amos
for organizing!

Enough rambling for now... teardown results to follow soon.

Jim Webb
jimwebb@nutsracing.com
Chock Full o' Nuts
#527 A/PP 193.402 2002
     B/PP 190.967 2002
     A/PP 172.695 2001

PS. Anybody know how many characters the list will accept in a message?