Streamliner for sale

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Streamliner for sale
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 05:46:06 -0600
I noticed on page 234 in the August Hemmings that the Bonneville record
setting Dave Dozier streamliner is for sale, listed as an estate sale.  His
Chrysler Airflow is also pictured.  I'm assuming it is also for sale.  This
liner put Dave, Ed Hegarty and Goodguy"s president, Gary Meadors into the 2
Club.

Dave died of cancer a couple of years back and I'd kind of hoped that his
friends Meadors and Hegarty would co-operate on running the car.  Apparently
they are just too involved in their many other enterprises.  Dave was
definitely the builder and inspiration behind the car.  It first ran in the
222 MPH range with an in-line, 1934 vintage Chrysler out of the Airflow and
then he connected up with Chrysler to put a V8 crate motor into the car and
set more records with that engine.

I'm sure there are others on the list who are more familiar with the details
of the car.  This could be a nice way to get into land speed racing in a
proven car.

Wes