Folks on the sidelines

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Folks on the sidelines
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 04:44:24 -0500
Everytime we go to Bonneville I meet these Great folks who say.... oh yeah I'm
on the list... but I don't say much... I just listen and read...

The original goal of the list was to gain information about what other folks
were doing to go fast ... to learn and to gain more information about the
people that ran on the salt flats...   As the list grew and folks joined and
some folks left we have had the pleasure of becoming aware of lots of people's
efforts and All of us have enjoyed sharing the accomplishments of the people
who have shared their efforts...

What we can't do is enjoy your effort if you don't share it... and frankly
it's not about how fast you go... it's about your personal goals... and just
the work involved in being there...

KAREN... I'm talking to you.... LOL... it's time to come out and share your
experience here.... Oh yeah and TOM... and STEVE... and all the others....
take a minute and write down what your doing.... tell us just a bit about
yourself.. how you got involved in the sport...  what you love about it...
what frustrates you... just PLEASE become involved a bit so we can share your
joy's....

If we were bench racing on a Saturday night at the local hang out You sure
wouldn't be quite.... so Jump your nappy butt in here ....

Last but not least.... we simply don't put any stock in How you say it..
Content is King... spelling is only an also ran....

Keith ( I've never been able to spell and I have a theory about it ask me
sometime )