Re: 2003 Bonneville

To: Finishline Coatings <lona@finishlinecoatings.com>
Subject: Re: 2003 Bonneville
From: Tom Shannon <saltfevr@xmission.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:26:21 -0600
Quoting Finishline Coatings <lona@finishlinecoatings.com>:

> Morning everyone!!
> Well, we've been home four days now and I haven't gotten half the things
> done that I wanted to.  Just don't have the energy I once had...not
> right now anyway.
> I really wanted to get to the Sunday night "bend in the
> road"gathering...hot dogs and coke would have tasted better than IV's
> and what ever else they were giving me at LDS Hsp.-- but that's the way
> things are sometimes. Can't say enough good things about the surgical
> crew and nursing staff of that place.  They even have homes where my
> family could stay within one block of the hsp. It really made life much
> easier for a few days until I could get back to Wendover for the last of
> the racing. I now have 2 stainless steel "fittings" in my left artery.
> My thanks to the Barby Boys (sp??) and all the SCTA people..Glen and
> many others who were right on top of getting me to the hospital ...life
> flight  was not my idea of a first time chopper ride, but it worked
> ....got me there...so I'm not complaining.
> It was good to meet Doug Anderson alias "Dirty Doug" and ride in his hot
> rod. Met   Joe Timney and a few others ...like everyone else, I didn't
> get to meet nearly enough faces.
> Managed to bump the record 10 MPH .in our #902 MR . We hoped to license
> a couple of our crew and then go to fuel and work on that record but
> that will wait for next year.
> All in all, it still was a great Speed Week..never a dull moment. Hope
> everyone made it home ok.
> Russ Meeks and Lona and all the crew
> #902 XO MR
>
> Russ;
Was glad to hear over the cb via(Glen) that you were ok and "Back on the
Salt"I remember a female hollered over the cb that the ambulance was
needed stat in the pits,and then heard the guys in "Orange Hats" would
direct them over to you!LDS Hospital is very well known for heart ailments
worldwide,they performed the Barney Clark heart transplant many yrs
ago.Enjoyed reading about you in the SL Tribune newspaper article link
that Wes posted. Good luck Russ,hope to see you at WOS or WF.
Tom Shannon
Magna, Utah