Speedweek 2003

To: LSR list <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedweek 2003
From: Chris R Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 15:33:52 +1200
Hi List,

Well finally home to NZed. Speedweek was both good and bad for us. First run
my son Linc decided to run the short course on the Saturday to feel the car
out once again. No problems 211 in the quarter and 217 in the mile. Easily
bettered our long course best of 208 in 2001.

Sunday onto the long course and 230 on a 226 record and into impound only to
find a cylinder with total leakdown. It seems a valve spring went south and
the valve opened a piston up through the eyebrow. Not having a spare we
disconnected the EFI injector wire and ran the return run on 7 cylinders. Got
212 but the runs average was 221 when we needed 226 so that was us done for
2003.

Yep, next time I'll make sure we've got spares of pistons and valves, lesson
learned.

Great to catch up with Keith, Tom, Joe, the Amo boys and especially Doug who
made the long haul once again from the Big Apple in the
'A' as well as everyone else who dropped by our pit. Like big Arnie says " IMI
BE BACK " as will the rest of Harris Family Racing and our great crew.

Check out my crews website for full details and pics:

http://members.shaw.ca/donnaHP/

Congratulations to all on the list who broke records, well done guys.